Sunday, August 28, 2005

Big Easy in Big Trouble

I have been to New Orleans many times. Plenty of times for work, my job used to be in marine transportation. And of course many times for play. I have been to Mardi Gras a few times, even rode with the Krewe of Sparta once. Great times, good food and perhaps a few too many cocktails. I love the city, mostly the Garden District , Jackson Square and the French Quarter. Bourbon Street is kind of a tourist mess but there are some great places and streets in the Quarter. Pelican Club is my favorite place to eat. I also like Red Fish Grill , Court of Two Sisters and Mothers for breakfast. I also always grab a beignets and some chickory coffee, usually at Cafe Du Monde unless it is packed by annoying tourist like me. I have been known to drink way too much at night on ocassion. Pat O's at the piano bar is fun,.. but touristy. The French Quarter smells bad in the morning and looks even worse,.. but I love that town. Tonight, as Katrina gets prepared to roll into town, I am worried that the French Quarter will never be the same. So I guess I will go tip one back and say a prayer and remember all the good times I have had in New Orleans and hope all goes well. The place has been open for 400 years, it will go on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Desperate Househusband said...

doesn't look good for the Crescent City

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home